05 May 2013

4/8/13

Dear Friends and Family,
 
General Conference was amazing! What a great opportunity we have to listen to the prophet´s voice! Though, there´s a catch! In Brazil, the members are only listening to the translator´s voices! It was really strange to be watching Conference in this way. Especial Elder Scott. He speaks portuguese, which I knew, so he translated his own talk (the only speaker to do this). But his portuguese is basically half potuguese half spanish with a think American accent. It was pretty funny to listen to him talking about Deus (god in portuguese) and then Dios (god in spanish)... made me question if he was talking about 2 different people. I´m not sure, all I know is I felt the Spirit, which is the most important part!
 
The other parts of conference that I loved were Elder Holland´s talk. I loved that he spoke about being firm in the faith that you already have and then seek to build that faith. Don´t be worried about the size of your faith, just seek to improve it, and live the faith that you have! And obviously I LOVED President Monson´s talk on obedience. ´The great test of this people is obedience´ How true is that! Obedienc = Peace and Truth and Happiness.
 
My absolute favorite part of Conference was hearing the phrase, ´This is my Beloved son. Hear Him.´I never thought that much that right there, the last lines of the first vision, God is inviting everyone to come unto Christ. He is stating that God and Christ are two different people, that Christ is literally His son. Such few words, but it summarized our purpose on this earth, and summarizes the purpose of sharing the gospel.
 
I know this church is true. And I know that through obedience to all the commandments of the Lord we can find happiness and not worry about the future´s trials.
 
I know that Christ lives. God is our Eternal Heavenly Father. Joseph Smith restored the priesthood, restored the church of Jesus Christ on this earth, and translated the Book of Mormon which is a second testament that Jesus is the Christ. This is Know.
 
Hope all is well, and I am praying and thinking of each and every one of you. Even you. Yes you!
Love you lots!
 
-Sister Clark


 
1. Jaciara- she´s my Becky. She reminds me of Becky in every way possible and I love it!

2. Caló- pretty much my favorite person in the whole wide world. She has the exact same personality as Merrill which cracks me up. But she´s a real go-getter and the power -house of the branch!
3. My district after watching Conference at our quasi Stake Center

4. Finally became a true brazilian! I bought havaianas- flip flops that EVERYONE here has. Its like a monopoly here!




No comments:

Post a Comment