23 March 2013

3/11/13



 
     

1. my new companion sister j silva at the president´s house in salvador
2. thanks for the peanut butter! the branch pretty much loves me cause i bring peanut butter for lunch and they all get a chance to try some!
3.mac and cheese- happiest misisonary in the whole entire world!!
4. soccer post and the beach in the distance = BRASILLL!!

Family,

Fist week of being a Treinadora! I was the youngest (had the least time on the mission) trainer this transfer. I´m already traing my compain to be prepared to train after 2 transfers (like I did- more or less) This week has been full of miracles! I am losing my voice because I am talking so much with the members, investigators and with my companion. I am literally forced to talk now that I am the example for my companion and showing her the ropes- its completely different this perspective. I love every single second of it. I am learning so much!
 
On Wednesday I got my companion Sister J. Silva- she´s from the interior of Sao Paulo. She is straight up awesome and I am proud to say I am her mom. Already this week I have felt that feeling of ´oh my gosh, my lil baby is growing up!´ She is so eager to learn and we love learning together since we are both in the beginning of our missions. Thank goodness for our District Leader who is constantly giving us advice on how to better this work and work more efficiently.

We woke up on Sunday at 5:30 because we were so excited to bring our investigators to church, and we left our house at 7:00! I have never had that desire like I have now- I want to help these people so much! I will literally do anything. I also gave a talk in Sacrament meeting on the importance of reading the Book of Mormon- I suggested to the Branch President that we read the BoM as a branch and at the end we all bear our testimony for 1 minute (thanks dad for that idea). The branch is super excited for this goal, and we as missionaries are even more excited to be persistently annoying in asking people where they are in the Book of Mormon and how we can help to study/read.
I brought a lot of quotes with me on mission from Apostles (knowing that I´d need all the help I can get) and one of them really applies to this week:
 
As we follow the Savior, He blesses us with gifts, talents, and the strength to do His will, allowing us to go beyond our comfort zones and do things we´ve never before thought possible.´- Robert D. Hales
 
Bam! With God- ALL things are possible.
This church is true and I KNOW it!
-Sister Clark
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment