25 February 2013

2/25/13

(no idea how these Asian characters got in here, but it's how we received it - just keeping it authentic!)
Oh Family how I love thee!
The week started off with Mission Conference! We had 3 Zones together- Ilheus, Itabuna, and Porto Seguro. It was awesome to go back to my old stomping ground (last transfer) and visit Itabuna for the day. The whole day was conference and there wasn a second that went by that we didn feel the influence of the Holy Ghost. Some interesting things that were taught were that Less Actives/ Recent Converts and the members in the ward who are azynd don magnify their callings are the best people to ask references from. Because the eople who are firm in the gospel and are always helping the missionaries--the majority of their friends are already mormons because they are the ones running all the activities and bailing on their non-mormon friend activities. A sad truth! So are incouraged to ask, and ask, and ask more references of these people! Sister Andrezzo, my mission president wife said- verytime you have fear- you are taking away the power of the Lord that is with youGahh! That hit me like a brick since i still a pansy and still have fear speaking with people! So- Sister Clark doesn have anymore fear! 100% FAITH!
Two sundays ago we were finally able to visit a family who is all less active except for the 18 year old boy. We gave a lesson on the Family A Proclamation to the World and committed them to prepare as a family to return to church this sunday. hey accepted, and we marked down the next time we visit them during the week. also showed the boy Preach My Gospel online and he bookmarked the site and said he read it especially the parts that I showed him.wednesday we got a phone call that the dad passed away. We were literally in the middle of planning (with enthuasism) a Family Night with their family and with investigators. We were creatively thinking of ways to reaactive this family as a whole. What are the odds. So, in the afternoon we went to a funeral. There were only a few members there- but the Branch President dedicated the grave, and we sang `Nearer My God to Thee`. I cried only in the last verse- that in and of it self is a miracle. Another miracle is that the 18 year old boy had a smile on his face and was helping his family, especially his mom while she was on the verge of fainting the entire day. He is going to be an AMAZING missionary- I look forward to reading his letters, because I have never seen such peace and joy in someone amidst such tribulation!
This sunday I also taught Gospel Principles class! My first time! Woohoo! It was a success! The presence of the Holy Ghost was there and it was a very interactive class!
This church is true and we are all struggling- but we have help- Jesus Christ! I am so grateful for him and that Heavely Father knows each and every one of us!
Sister Clark
1. my 5 week anniversary february 11th!
2. animals are dirty here...
3. all the sisters in 3 zones for mission conference!
4. me and sister andrezzo, my mission president´s wife at mission conference
5. last week with my companion sister nascimento :(

         

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment