21 January 2013

1/21/13

Congratulations Luke and Liz!! The pictures are amazing! Wish I could have been there! Hope all is well with you two! Speaking of which, this sunday a woman gave a 30 minute talk on the adjustments of marriage. It was so awkward. Even the Bishop had a confused look on his face...

We had a baptism this week that was a complete surprise. This man has received all the lessons but he keeps flaking out on the appointments and he practiced and probably practices voodoo still. Beyond that he was a golden investigator. He came to the surprise birthday party that I planned with the other Elders in the ward for my companion and said he wanted to be baptized tonight. So, we filled the baptismal font with water in 20 minutes (usually 1 hour) so the baptism wasnt super late, because it was already 8pm. We turned on the water and carried countless buckets and dumped them into the font. Pretty much everyone was sweaty and exhausted by the time he got baptized. But he got baptized!

My mission president and his wife came by our apartment and said we will most likely get another companion and she´ll be new.. 66 percent chance itll be an American and that wont help my portuguese at all!

This week we´ve been teaching a lot about the Sabbath Day and why we worship only on Sunday (Ressurection of Jesus Christ). Here in Brazil there´s services every day for the majority of the churches. Strange- but convenient I guess. My testimony is growing everyday in tiny aspects like this, and I am so grateful to be here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment